With mobile websites becoming more and more important to any businesses’ overall internet marketing, it is good to know what exactly one of the major search engines requires of your mobile site. About a year ago Google released an overview of what they consider proper mobile development. Key aspects include:
- The site should use responsive design or dynamically served content from a single url (www.yourname.com);
- When switching from one version type or another, visitors should be taken to the same url (www.yourname.com/pagename/)
- Google’s spider Googlebot and Googlebot-Mobile should be notified when entering a mobile optimized website.
- The mobile optimized website should load quickly.
- Video and other content on the site should be html5 based for compatibility.
- Mobile apps downloads should be limited to banners and not automated.
- Content found on the mobile website should be the same on the full website but should be optimized.
All mobile websites developed by Advertising Solutions, Inc. meet these guidelines. Additionally our Content Management System automates syndicating content between the full and mobile website so you never have to worry about content not being the same. Give us a call today to learn more and see what we can do for your site.